The bungalow was built by John Pallett for his mother's occupation c1968.
The bundle of deeds and documents relating mostly to 37-42 Church Street (held by Robert James in 2018) includes an Abstract of Title relating to Avon Villa, Church Street.
In this is mentioned a Conveyance dated 1 Jul 1926 when Wallace King to Dorothy Hine (w/o Henry Hine of Burridge Heath, Gt Bedwyn, farmer) reciting a conveyance 5 Apr 1924 Thomas Walter Alexander, Rupert Henry Alexander and Sydney Noel Alexander to Wallace King for £550 for “Avon Villa” and the 57’ x 135’ of land (now 9a Church Street), bounded to west by house of James Smallbones, formerly occupied by John William Beard as tenant.
2 Jul 1926: Legal Charge: £400 from the Huddersfield Building Society. (Vacating receipt 14 Dec 1937).
12 May 1938: Legal Charge: Dorothy Hine (then of Avon House, Church Street) from Lloyds Bank – discharged 28 Nov 1944.
1 Feb 1945: CFTE of Schedule in land Registry: Dorothy Hine then of Mordown Farm, Fosbury Wilts.
12 Feb 1945: Conveyance: Dorothy Hine sold to N E James (of Buckland House) and Dudley James (of 8 Church Street) for £1,450 – Avon Villa (not the subject of this abstract), and the parcel of land (now 9a Church Street) bounded on the west by property owned by James Smallbones tenanted by Mr Armstrong.