You are in [People] [Hungerford Characters]
This index provides links to some of the more interesting and colourful of people associatied with Hungerford.
- John of Gaunt - the great landowner, and provider of local "common" rights
- Simon de Montfort - founder of parliament in the 13th century, owner of Hungerford Park
- The Lady of Lions - famous local entertainer
- Frank Goodall - the Last Huntsman of the Royal Buckhousnds, and landlord of The Three Swans Hotel
- "Daddy" Knight - eccentric man living on the Common
- 2nd Baron Morris - buried in St Saviour's churchyard
- John "Tom" Simson - famous local artist
- Frederick T G Tremlett - widely travelled, but what is his connection to Hungerford?
- W C R (William) Whalley - scientist and man of letters